International Exchange Schemes
Broaden your horizons with an international exchange experience
The school has developed relationships with Colleges and Universities throughout the world and has an active exchange programme.
Current opportuities exist for an international exchange experience at one of the following institutions:-
• Washington University Law School in St Louis (WASHU), USA
• University of Illinois, Springfield, USA
• University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA
• University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
• Shantou University, Southern China
• University of Athens, Greece
• University of Utrecht, Netherlands
• Copenhagen http://www.ku.dk/english/
• Lund http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/
• Mannheim http://www.uni-mannheim.de/1/english/university/profile/
• EBS https://www.ebs.edu/en/about-us.html
• Maastricht http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/
• Trento http://www.unitn.it/en
• University of British Columbia (Vancouver Campus)
These opportunities are suitable for Single Honours students in the first semester of their final year.
In addition to our School agreements, there are also university-organised exchange agreements with the following universities:
• Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
• University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
• Newcastle University, New South Wales, Australia
Further details can be viewed at http://go.qub.ac.uk/exchangeprogramme
Study Abroad Experience - Zach Smith
After studying at an American law school for two years, I decided to spend my fifth semester away from home and was fortunate to accept a study abroad position at Queen’s University. While I have studied abroad several times before, this was my first experience studying within the UK and Northern Ireland more specifically.
Student Testimonial - Ashley Collins
"I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Law. I was able to study 5 courses under very informative, engaging professors. The knowledge gained on exchange will be of immediate value to me in adding a comparative aspect to my final dissertation, and largely a long-term benefit to my future career in Canada. The networking opportunities with various lawyers and academics throughout the term added to my positive experience. UBC's campus is beautiful, and Vancouver has a lot to offer; there were various cafes, beaches, and lively restaurants all steps away from my apartment in Kitsilano. I immediately felt welcomed to the UBC legal community as I was always invited to join in and participate in law social events, and extra curricular activities."